Beyond the B’nai Mitzah
We are proud of our robust post-B’nai Mitzvah religious school program here at Congregation Kol Ami for students in 8th – 10th grades. Our innovative Confirmation curriculum is a values-based exploration of past learning and new discovery and focuses on integrating Jewish practice into our day-to-day lives.
- Our students explore Jewish holidays, festivals, customs, and practices in a whole new way.
- Learn about the history and atrocities of WWII and the Holocaust. This unit concludes with a trip to the National Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C., for students and parents.
- Students will learn about themselves and their neighbors through units designed to teach topics such as: Jewish identity, mindfulness, meditation, personal theology, and spirituality.
- Discuss current events through a Jewish lens.
- Students in the 10th grade spend half their time as Madrichim: Teen-aged leaders both inside and outside the classroom – acting as role models for students and as assistants to our teachers.
- Students uncover the American Jewish Experience, concluding with a Confirmation trip to Philadelphia, PA.